New Mexico Appleseed has been recognized in the media for our valuable efforts, below are a few of the articles.
- November 19, 2017 CBS Sunday Morning features New Mexico Appleseed Lunch Shaming bill. Click here to view the story.
- May 9, 2017 New Mexico Appleseed Executive Director, Jennifer Ramo featured on CNN. Click here to see the interview.
- May 1, 2017 Students Face ‘Lunch Shaming’ Over Unpaid Meals, For the Record with Greta Click here to see more.
- April 11, 2017 ‘School lunch shaming’ is now against the law in New Mexico, New Mexico Appleseed featured on The Today Show Click here to see more.
- April 10, 2017 New Mexico Laws Protects Kids From ‘Lunch Shaming’, New Mexico Appleseed featured on NBC Nightly News Click here to see more.
- July 19, 2017 ‘Lunch Shaming and other humiliations: how can we teach our kids about class? Click here to read full article.
- May 10, 2017 CNN Money: School lunch shaming: Inside America’s hidden debt crisis Click here to read full article.
- May 5, 2017 Locked Up for Being Poor. Click here to read the article.
- May 5, 2017 Shaming Children Over School Lunch Bills, A New York Times Editorial. Click here to read the article.
- April 28, 2017 Schools Should Ban “Lunch Shaming”, Huffington Post Click here to read the full article.
- April 19, 2017 Nonprofits Work to Protect Cornerstone Experiences for Children in Poverty, Nonprofit Quarterly Click here to read more.
- April 6, 2017 New York Times: New Mexico Outlaws School ‘Lunch Shaming’
- November 24, 2016 New After-School Program offers students and families free tutoring, meals
- Oct 26, 2016 NM architects, builders got creative at this year’s Parade of Playhouses
- April 14, 2016 Parade of Playhouses back with an acclaimed architect who will build a tiny house
- March 3, 2015 Three States and Two Tribes Get $27 Million to Fight Childhood Hunger
- September 22, 2014 Pitching In – ABQ companies step it up for those in need
- February 6, 2014 1 million would help troubled families with housing
- January 28, 2014 Bill would fund free breakfasts at poorest middle
- October 9, 2013 Hunger in New Mexico is for real
- April 17, 2017 Schools Will Soon Have To Put In Writing If They ‘Lunch Shame, NPR, All Things Considered Click here to see more.
- April 17, 2017 Feeding Children in New Mexico, KUNM Click here to see more.
- April 11, 2017 Lawmakers Childhood Experience Drives New Mexico’s ‘Lunch Shaming’ Ban, NPR Click here to hear more.
- August 17, 2017 New Mexico humanitarians to be honored at award ceremony. Click here to read the full article.
- May 9, 2017 New Mexico Appleseed Executive Director, Jennifer Ramo chosen as a #MomOnAMission. Click here to read more.
Below are further news stories which have been written about the work of New Mexico Appleseed.