New Mexico Appleseed ended lunch shaming in New Mexico.
But there is still work to be done to help our most vulnerable children and families. DONATE TODAY.
Read about our impactful work below.
- May 10, 2017 CNN Money: School lunch shaming: Inside America’s hidden debt crisis Click here to read full article.
- May 9, 2017 New Mexico Appleseed Executive Director, Jennifer Ramo featured on CNN. Click here to see the interview.
- May 9, 2017 New Mexico Appleseed Executive Director, Jennifer Ramo chosen as a#MomsOnAMission. Click here to read more.
- May 5, 2017 Locked Up for Being Poor. Click here to read the article.
- May 5, 2017 Shaming Children Over School Lunch Bills, A New York Times Editorial. Click here to read the article.
- May 1, 2017 Students Face ‘Lunch Shaming’ Over Unpaid Meals, For the Record with Greta Click here to see more.
- April 28, 2017 Schools Should Ban “Lunch Shaming”, Huffington Post Click here to read the full article.
- April 19, 2017 Nonprofits Work to Protect Cornerstone Experiences for Children in Poverty, Nonprofit Quarterly Click here to read more.
- April 17, 2017 Schools Will Soon Have To Put In Writing If They ‘Lunch Shame, NPR, All Things Considered Click here to see more.
- April 17, 2017 Feeding Children in New Mexico, KUNM Click here to see more.
- April 11, 2017 ‘School lunch shaming’ is now against the law in New Mexico, New Mexico Appleseed featured on The Today Show Click here to see more.
- April 10, 2017 New Mexico Laws Protects Kids From ‘Lunch Shaming’, New Mexico Appleseed featured on NBC Nightly News Click here to see more.
- April 6, 2017 New York Times: New Mexico Outlaws School ‘Lunch Shaming’